University Of Fort Hare business school Entry Requirements
Mature Age Exemption
- They have passed two languages with E symbol
- They have passed other two content subjects with E symbol
- Three of these E symbols are from one examination sitting
- They apply for conditional exemption in their first year of registration.
National Certificate (Vocational)
The minimum requirements for the Faculty of Management and Commerce for students passed at public colleges, private colleges and other institutions offering FET vocational programmes shall be as follows:
· National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4
At least 60% in three fundamental subjects including the Language of Teaching and Learning at Fort Hare or at least English First Additional Language (FAL)
· At least 70% in four compulsory modules
· To be admitted to B Com (Accounting); Bachelor of Economics (B Econ); and B Com (Information Systems), one of the three fundamental subjects has to be Mathematics and not Mathematics Literacy.
Recognition of prior learning
- They apply for recognition of prior learning.
- Have portfolio of evidence that they have studied some courses.
- Receive Senate approval of the RPL application.
Faculty of Management & Commerce Selection Process
· Selection Committee convenes at Student Administration to process application forms already sorted by Faculty and by Qualification.
· Applicants have to meet the minimum admission requirement as laid down in the Faculty Admission Policy as well as the subject/programme pre-requisites as published in the prospectus and selection is based on Merit
· Priority is given to students who applied on time and met the Faculty entry requirements as published in the Admissions Policy, also giving access to rural poor, and gender equity.
· Due to influx of Mature Age and N6 applicants selection in these categories is on a first come first serve basis.
· Transferring students have to meet the Faculty entry requirements as well as the subject/programme pre-requisites as published in the prospectus first; apply for credits using Credit Application Form signed by respective Departments before a decision is reached.
· If all Options of the applicant are from within the Faculty, the decision is finalised in the same sitting but if other choices are from other Faculties, referrals are made to such Faculties as well, if applicant was unsuccessful.